Saint Joseph’s Rehabilitation & Residence is seeking to hire a Full Time Groundskeeper/Maintenance Technician.
This position involves the custodial care and maintenance of building interior and exterior as well as grounds. Responsibilities include maintenance, minor repairs in all related trades to maintain building condition, including light carpentry, electrical and plumbing; outside grounds maintenance such as sweeping and cleaning walks, mowing lawns, raking leaves and removal of snow in order to keep outside premises in an orderly and safe condition; interior/exterior painting; and other duties as assigned.
This position is part of the Maintenance team during inclement weather conditions which will include shoveling, salting and sanding duties. This position is required to fulfill a two-week on call rotation every six weeks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Experience and training which demonstrates a basic knowledge of building and grounds maintenance and repair as well as building custodial cleaning. A valid State of Maine Driver’s license is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of methods and equipment used in building maintenance and custodial work
• Sufficient physical strength to perform a variety of routine manual tasks
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to skillfully perform building cleaning/maintenance activities
• Knowledge of basic safety practices
Ability to set up and work from ladders, platforms and other related equipment