Saint Joseph’s Rehabilitation & Residence is seeking to hire a full time Registered Nurse for the role of MDS Coordinator. This position will report directly to the MDS Director and the primary purpose of the position is to conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment in accordance with the requirements of this state and the policies and goals of this facility.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Maine and must be in good standing. BSN preferred.
- Working knowledge of MDS and PPS process with minimum of one year of MDS experience.
- Familiarity of the RAI manual and ICD 10 coding.
- Knowledge of Submission Process and Interpretation of Validation Reports
- MDS certification preferred.
- Coordinates and completes the MDS with appropriate CAAs and trigger worksheets; understands assessment reference dates.
- Reviews resident’s medical history.
- Interviews appropriate unit staff.
- Reviews resident care plans using information available and resident care plan library during MDS completion window. Reports non-compliance to MDS Director and Director of Nursing.
- Updates resident care plan library as necessary.
- Monitors follow-through of resident care plans with Unit Managers, report non-compliance to DNS.
- Participates in documentation education for direct care staff.
- Audits Resident’s Medical Record for Q.A. for areas with MDS relevance.
- Ensures correct/timely computer input.
- Remains current/seeks appropriate in-servicing.
*Student loan repayment program (up to $2,400/year)
* Medical Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Dental Insurance (employer paid)
* Life/AD&D and Disability Insurance (employer paid)
* 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate vesting
* Cancer Care, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
* 4+ Weeks of Earned Time (Vacation, Sick & Holiday)
* Tuition Reimbursement
Saint Joseph’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer